Monday, December 18, 2006

Random things

Yesterday Rachel attended her first "official" concert at Beth Shalom! They brought in Judy Caplan Ginsburgh - she is wonderful! We already had four of her CDs, and I had asked Ben to please purchase the other two if they were selling them at the concert.

I wasn't able to go to the concert since I had a church gig in the morning, and unfortunately, Ben had to leave early since we both had a gig in the afternoon. Rachel had a great time though, and she's been listening to the new CDs practically non-stop today.
************************************************************************************

Ben is currently in Denton, TX, doing some research for one of his projects. Yes, Texas! I told him that he really needs to bring us back some souvenirs. Never mind that my friend S told me that there's really nothing in Denton and I'm not missing anything... I still want Texas souvenirs! ;) In an ironic twist, the man that he is visiting in Texas is actually from Toronto - he did his undergrad at McGill (which is in Montreal, but that's not the point.). I had to laugh, because I had asked Ben if the professor had a strong accent, and Ben didn't think he had an accent at all. In their next conversation, the Canadian link came out!
*************************************************************************************

I'm sneaking this one in, but it has to be said:

I HEREBY PROCLAIM THAT RACHEL IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has not had an accident in 9 days! If we go out, she will hold it for four or five hours since she's still wary of public potties. We did start talking about safe potties when we're out, and I'm making a point of using potties everywhere to show her which ones are ok. ;) She has started telling me when she needs to go, and I just take her every couple of hours at home.

I bought pull-ups for the first time since the end of OCTOBER today. Then I got home and realized that I bought the ones that are supposed to feel cool when they're wet. Since I bought them for night-time use, I hope they don't feel that cold, because I do not want to be woken up in the middle of the night for this! In any case, the last time I bought that kind, Rachel told me that they didn't feel cold.
*************************************************************************************

Tonight Rachel requested that she be allowed to wait for dinner in her room. She was just a little overtired from being woken up to take Ben to the airport at 7am. Oops. I suggested that we eat at the table instead. During dessert, Rachel said that she wanted to finish her cookie in her room. I asked her if she was ready for bed. "YES." And so it was lights out at 5:46pm. I guess the sleeping in until 7:30am phase is over again.

No comments: