Rachel likes to sing. No, Rachel loves to sing. She sings on pitch and is almost always in tune. She loves to sing Kindermusik songs, Jewish songs, and almost any other song you teach her.
Rachel also likes to play her Kindermusik instruments - sticks, bells, maracas, egg shakers, drums, resonator bars, etc, etc. She especially likes the lollipop drum. Just a few minutes ago, Rachel started beating the drum. I asked what she was doing. "Playing Old MacDonald," she responded. Uh-oh. She wasn't singing at the time.
Of course, Rachel just told me that we have to sing Eliahu Hanavi. When I went into her room, she then said, "I have a poop. Let's sing Dayenu." (For those of you who don't know, Dayenu translates roughly as "it would have been enough" - appropriate, eh?) Anyway, we ran to the potty and sure enough, Rachel pooped while singing Dayenu and playing the resonator bars.
So even though Rachel is currently resisting going to Kindermusik classes, I highly doubt that it's an impediment to her development if we don't go. ;)
1 comment:
Okay, the poop one made me snort!
Post a Comment